Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Indian?? Of course I am !!

First of all, I thank people for reading my previous post and taking pains for posting critical reviews.. I really appreciate that.. I would address all the issues raised.

Instance 1

("I hope someday the daughter of this very MP shall become a gold medal for a foreign nation !")

While expressing myself, its very difficult for me to be diplomatic and always soft. It is just a matter of spontaneity that I end up writing such weird statements..which i really never mean.. but I also never regret them.. and it would be good if such statements are not understood literally.. its important to consider the prelude and feel the component of anger, rage and disappointment involved, rather than going for the literal meaning.

Instance 3

I'm afraid I don't buy the idea that eliminating anti-social elements won't do any good. If hanging kasab would create more kasabs, then I believe not hanging kasab would create even a larger number of 'victims of kasab' in the form of near and dear ones of those butchered by this animal. Those people would never be able to come out of trauma and they'll end up losing all faith in judiciary... and yes..I state again - 'Justice delayed is justice denied'
I wonder if relatives of those martyred in the parliament attack have ever been able to sleep peacefully since then...and the reason is known to all..
Now it is up to us to decide whether we should try NOT to please 'a few revenge-seeking, anger-driven' or we must try to commiserate with those who have lost their son or husband or mother or daughter because of the cowardly and beastly act of an 'anti-social element'!
My intention of broaching the topic of Saddam Hussein was all about the grit, determination and swiftness shown by the Americans in eliminating the man, whom they considered evil. My idea was to just give an example of how we must tackle our enemies. Who cares if no weapon of mass destruction was found in Iraq ? The reality is that the Iraqis got rid of a dictator and a mass murderer in the quest of an 'imperialistic madman' for personal revenge.
I strongly support such treatment for the enemies of the state.

As far as my lost patriotism is concerned, let me first clear a misconception flourishing in the minds of many people. I have stated in my earlier posts as well that patriotism should never be confused with chauvinism. The feeling of 'my country is the best' is chauvinism and I strongly condemn that. Patriotism is a very broad entity. As per my perception, it involves a zeal and will to make one's own country the best.
Yes, I agree having lost my patriotism is a bit weird ! Of course it was just a momentary feeling and I've come out of it now. But I must convey that the instances that I've kept were very demoralising and devastating for my resolve for the motherland... Another person B might have reacted differently, but whatever posted earlier was wholly my reaction..

No comments:

Post a Comment